Dielle Ciesco is an electrifying embodiment of insight, heart, and irrepressible authenticity. There is no denying the spark that this woman carries within her. At her core, she is an artist — one who dares to live and create from the deep, vibratory places that many of us often shy away from. She is a woman with the bold purpose of liberating expression and helping people to remember the power that lies within their own unique voice.
I am overflowing with gratitude for all of the wisdom that Dielle shared in our interview. Not only did she talk about her new book, The Unknown Mother: A Magical Walk with the Goddess of Sound, but she also gave some amazing tips on How to Connect with your True Voice and Speak with Dynamic Presence, Power, & Precision!
Watch our interview here:
Of, if you’re pressed for time, read the Instant Notes version for the summary of her awesome tips:
INSTANT NOTES on How to Connect with your True Voice and Speak with Dynamic Presence, Power, & Precision
1. As you go throughout your day, constantly ask yourself what you are dreaming. We’re always dreaming, whether it’s in our sleeping or our waking state. And our waking dreams are really no different from the dreams we have at night. When we rise in the morning, our dreams from the night dissolve. We know that we were dreaming, and so we don’t really pay those dreams any mind. This practice is something we can use in our waking states. If you keep reminding yourself that you’re dreaming in the moment, things don’t seem as personal, earth-shattering, or difficult. We can move through the world with more ease and joy. This will put you in touch with your power and enhance your connection with your true voice tremendously.
2. Start trying to distinguish the different voices you’re hearing. Maybe there is a critical voice inside of you. Ask yourself if you’d like to keep nurturing that voice. Perhaps there is a positive voice. Ask yourself if you’d like to cultivate that voice and connect more with it. Learn to listen to the messages that are coming in. And when they come in, actually try to hear them. Sometimes they will speak quietly. If they’re negative, they might be subconsious. And we need to always be aware. Those negative voices can direct us and inform all of our decisions. We have to be aware not to let those negative voices dictate our lives.
3. Work with the breath. Our breath is what helps us to share and communicate. Our words ride on the current of our breath. And by reconnecting with the breath, we can build a straight pathway to our truest expression.
4. Master YES and NO. These two words are the most powerful words in our language. They can help us get in touch with our power and authenticity if we know how to use them. Use both of these words in a way that will support and serve you. Be sure that every cell in your body resonates with every YES and NO you speak.
5. Celebrate and honor your true voice. When you start to understand what the voice is truly for, you aren’t likely to waste it on things that don’t matter. The voice isn’t for gossip; it isn’t for putting ourselves down or telling stories that don’t support us. The voice is meant to communicate the message that we each came here to deliver. Everything you value — whether it’s inspiration, strength, empowerment, beauty, or truth (or all of the above) — will cue you in to what your true message is.
Dielle Ciesco, author of The Unknown Mother: A Magical Walk with the Goddess of Sound, specializes in the transformational power of the voice to heal and connect us with our own Divinity. She is passionate about every Voice, be it the one we use everyday to communicate, the ones we hear inside our heads, the silent voice of wisdom, voices raised in song, or the ones that call us to awaken. The creator of Vocal Toning Meditation, Shamanic Voicework, and Toning for Peace, she is also a DNAvatar, CyberShamanic Dance Wave host, and a featured vocalist on the TLC series with Visionary Music, creators of DNA Activation music. With over 18 years experience as a performer, teacher and healing facilitator, Dielle blends her experiences in vocal toning, sacred sound, meditation, Toltec & Bon shamanism, multidimensional music, Reiki Tummo, coaching, and teaching to assist clients in discovering a deeper connection to their inner truth and wisdom. She teaches workshops, writes, sings, makes art, and works one-on-one with clients.